June 16 - August 11, 2012
The last day to report on your summer reading is Saturday, August 11 by 5:30 p.m. Reports will not be taken in the library or online after that time.
A summer reading club just for adults!
After all, why should kids have all the fun?
Tacoma Public Library's 2012 Summer Reading Club is designed with you in mind. You can read what you want (as long as it's from the library) , check in with us when you want and take home cool reading rewards. Revisit a classic or check out a best seller. Just let us know each week what you've been reading and what you thought of it.
Read a book (audiobooks count too) and write a brief review (online or on a reporting card available at your library). Every time you review a book you will be entered into that week's prize drawing. Complete 5 titles by the end of the 8-week program for a chance to win a new iPad! Everyone completing the program will take home some fun prizes!
- You can join the club and start reading on Saturday, June 2. Join online or at your local library.
- The first day to report is Saturday, June 16.
- The last day to report (in person or online) is Saturday, August 11 at 5:30 p.m.
- Read 5 adult books by the end of the program to be entered into a drawing for a chance to win a new iPad.
- All books and materials must be checked out from the Tacoma Public Library.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate in this club.
- Every time you enter a review online or bring it to the library, you are entered into a weekly drawing.
Reporting on books:
Great books are meant to be shared.
Keep track of your books and share reviews online on our summer reading web site or in our rules book. Bring your review with you to the library to the summer reading desk on your next visit. Your review will be posted at your neighborhood library and shared with other readers. Download extra reading logs here.
Each week we will have a drawing for fun prizes, including Puyallup Fair tickets, Grand Cinema tickets, appetizer coupons from The Hub, summer reading t-shirts, and coffee/tea mugs. At least 2 winners will be selected each week. You are automatically entered into the drawing when you report that week.
At the end of the club, one lucky reader will win a new iPad.
When you read an report on your first five books you receive a Tacoma Public Library book bag, three free games of bowling from Narrows Plaza Bowl, and a reading journal (while supplies last).
Start reading and enjoy!